Friday, July 22, 2022

Viking Cruise Day Two

The Town of Arles, France

So, after working with my blanking Mac AND I phone trying to download photos, I think (hope) I have got it all figured out.

thank you to my daughter Jordan for suggesting google photo.

It's only taken me two days (and countless hours)

***it stinks being old and not growing up with technology***

We started day two of our trip from Avignon to Lyon by stopping first in the town of Arles as I mentioned in my previous post.

Arles is full of beautiful remains and gorgeous light. It is easy to see why so many of the artists in the 1800's (well actually anytime for that matter) were drawn to this beautiful town.

We visited the Les Arenas and learned about all the entertainment that went on centuries ago.

WOW. They loved to fight.

(Kinda reminds me of our government right now)

but lets move on....

Les Arenes





there were also other great things to look at.....

let's zoom in on that photo....



I was so mad I didn't bring my heart stickers because I would have slapped one of those suckers right on this car.

just shoot me an email if you would like one of these stickers for your car...
(they also come without my name on it!)
kbdr@aol.com
They are 5.00 (includes postage) each and are 4" x 5"

just stunning gardens

SOOOOOO mad at myself for not buying these

and especially mad at myself for not buying one of these Handmade Guinea Hens
travel tip:
if you see something that you love, buy it and find a way to bring it home.  I'm still kicking myself for not buying a set of dishes I found in Paris 15 years ago. And now I'm mad I don't have a hen....a large green one to be exact.
(August 8th is my birthday)


I could have eaten my way through Arles with this....

so this was our guide showing us the picture of the painting that Van Gogh painted of Le Cafe La Nuit

and this is the actual cafe.
How dang cool is that?

I just thought this was pretty.

"vive la france"

So...after we walked ourselves to death over uneven cobblestone roads. (wear comfortable but of course cute shoes)

these were so comfy. Veja from Zappos

(and if I might add, after a trip like this you don't have to bend over much to tie them)

because I couldn't.......😆


We made our way by bus on an "extra" excursion
Meaning...we had to pay for it.
Totally worth it by the way

"The Delights of Provence"
We traveled to the village of Fontvielle which is home to the Bourdon family.
They own the Moulin Saint Jean.
We toured the olive groves that are home to more than 6,000 trees.
W and I are both olive oil lovers so this was really really neat to see. He hates olives though.
I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...
and dessert.





one of the owners explaining the process.



I'm such a teenager......

we then drove up to the bottom of a really really REALLY steep hill and walked up to this beautiful little cafe that neither one of us can remember the name of.  All I know is that it was stunningly beautiful and the olives (and wine-which is why we can't remember the name) was amazing....





this is the route though...

Okay folks! That's it for today!
Tomorrow.....THE LAVENDER FIELDS!!!
EEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK.

Stay sweet!
xoxo
kb

3 comments:

  1. Kendall, the guinea hens are named la pintade by Heidi Caillard. You can buy them online. Also, gift shops sell them. I bought mine when visiting Carmel. There’s a shop in Blue Ridge, Ga that sells them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was made by me, Trish Curlee (trishcurlee@comcast.net). Connie K. and I were next door neighbors in Liberty Downs in Brentwood “a few” years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you may still need extra help from nutritional supplements and vitamins to live a long, happy life. This article gives you an overview of the Best Men’s Health Supplements and Vitamins that will support your health in 2022

    ReplyDelete