Sunday, July 10, 2022

 The Number One Bucket List Item

Well....here I am again!  I haven't blogged in about two years (I think) but after my daughter Callen and my granddaughter Evey asked me to blog on our upcoming trip to France, I said, "well....I'll give it another go!"

The truth is....I don't use my Cannon camera anymore and I've gotten lazy with using the iPhone for pictures.

And...not that I was ever a good photographer (quite the opposite), I'm even worse with the iPhone...but. like I said. Imma give it a go.

Maybe I will study up on picture taking with the iPhone on the plane trip over.

yes. that's a plan.

So. when my daughter asked me to start blogging again she had mentioned that she was looking for my grandmother "Nanny"s travel book.

In good old fashioned style Nanny wrote about her journeys over to Europe in a hard bound travel journal.  She never felt like she was a good writer but I thought she was amazing!  She wrote like she talked, and I loved that.  I could feel myself taking her trips with her like I was just tagging along!

Speaking of that, (or similar to that)...the reason going on this trip is number one on my list of Bucket items, is quite simply this...

About 4 years ago I downloaded an app on my phone called "Calm".  There are these sleep stories on this app.  The first one I tried was called "Blue/Gold".  It took you on a trip through the lavender fields of Provence like you were tagging along.  I was hooked.  I had to go. I honestly think I have listened to Blue/Gold oh probably 200 times.  ("W" thinks it's more like 500 times - but what evs.)

To say that I've been obsessed with going to Provence to see the lavender fields is an understatement.

I mean, my family is about to kick me out of my family "famjam" because they are so sick of hearing how bad I want to go.  I mean seriously though, there is a lavender farm about 30 min. from where I live.

***and that would be a lot cheaper***

But, I digress.

The artist in me wants to see where Van Gogh (my other obsession) got his inspiration.

if I come back with half an ear you will know I'm REALLY obsessed....

I do plan to come back and splatter the color lavender all over my canvases......

So..back to the bucket list topic (stay with me here)

2019 I turned 60...we were going to go then but I don't know why we couldn't

2020 Covid hit 

2021 Covid again

2022 I sat my husband down and said "this is the year", please let's go....

***fyi lavender fields in Provence only grow from June - August***

so if you want to see them in full bloom you must go then.

Anyway...he said okay. Let's do it, but "W" doesn't like to pack and unpack so he said the only way he would do it is on a river cruise.  Specifically Viking.

I am SO dang excited to get to do this!  I know there are sooooo very many out there that are aching to get back to traveling and I don't take this wonderful gift I am being given lightly.  I feel incredibly blessed to be able to go on this trip!

I plan to savor every moment of our trip up the Rhone River from Marsielle to Lyon and in between!

Like I did with my Nanny, I hope I will be able to verbally paint a good enough picture of what I am seeing so you will be able to tag a long as well!

Much love!

KB

💗



3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is fantastic!! I am so totally jealous:) can't wait for info and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lavender fields are breathtaking! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete