Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Arbors at Roundtop....And Who's in to Black and White?

The Arbors
at
Roundtop

y'all.  If you are going to Roundtop whether it is the first time or your 100th, The Arbors should be your first stop.
I'm not just saying that because that's where I show my art....
well maybe a little
But...truly, there is something for everyone there.
I hear the same thing every. single. season.
"this is our favorite venue"

The gorgeous white tents, the fun vendors, the huge array of furnishings, fabrics, textiles, linens, antiques, clothing.  
ART
Did I mention ART????
like in Tent D
sorry, a little self promo here.
See that middle tent right in the front? That is Pandora's tent.
And it's air conditioned.
And when you go in, they prop you in THE most comfortable bed you will ever slip in to in your life.
Then they sell you sheets.
Like really nice ones.
Tent D is directly in back of the big one in the front.
That is where Lisa Moore and I set up.
Right there in the middle
(next to the bar)
Where they sell Ranch Water.
What is Ranch Water?
you pop a Topo Chico, take a swig, then they add oh vodka, tequila, rum, and a splash of what eva you want.
All the cool girls walk around with them
and I'm cool so you will see me drinking one.

Back to The Arbors....
ok.
This year, The Arbors is hosting a SPECTACULAR event!
y'all!
I'M SO EXCITED
(it's right outside my booth space to boot)
It's called
Arbors Under The Stars
a dinner like no other with some amazing designers hosting....
and
lots of food by the incredible chefs Lee Ellis and Mike Torres of Gold Epicure
AND, if that's not enough, OVID Vineyards (yummy) and Signor Vineyards are providing the wine.
This is going to be something else.
I promise you, you will not want to miss it!
and, you will LOVE meeting my friend Verona.
Who has THE MOST AMAZING quartz pieces ever.

Buy tickets here:

So. Let's get back to stuff.
Like art.
As an ex-designer - turned painter, I am constantly tracking the trends.
Black and white will always be a classic look but with the re-emergence of modernism in design it seems to be more prevalent now than in recent years.
Classic.
Especially paired with gold.
So....I'm bringing black and white for my black and white (and gold people)

Pardon that awful glare - geez, must. learn. to. take. photos. of. art.

speaking of black and white, I love this carpet that my cute grandson is standing on after getting his new "Natives". Cutest, shoes, ever.
Grandson ain't bad either huh???

I had to throw this black painting in to the mix.
While this may look like a pretty easy painting to paint, it's SO difficult getting that ombre' effect just right.
Kinda like doing hair.
(something I could never do)
36 x 48
price upon request
I will also have these two babies, pressed between two pieces of glass makes for a fab look!
Simple. understated. elegance.
price upon request

Check out this gorgeous vintage Moroccan Beni Ourain rug from my friend Victoria's collection.
(she's also in tent D)

Lisa will have some of her AMAZING black and white ladies dressed in gold frames...
yummy.

Speaking of black and white art (on men that is) I love this jacket
splashed with a bit of grey....
by Tom Ford
Not that either of these two need fashion advice from moi....
but I definitely think one of them need this jacket.
you never know who you'll run in to at Roundtop

Later chicks!
xoxoxo
kb





No comments:

Post a Comment