Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Fun Little Project!

Wait, did I say little?
oops.

Okay, so like I said in my previous post, I have been in Birmingham for well,  now,  about a week and a half helping my youngest and her hubs move in to their first home!
how fun!

Actually, the way I planned it was after the Wesleyan Art Show weekend before last.  I took all of my unsold art back to my studio.  Went home for an overnight breather, woke up the next morning, packed everything, and headed to Birmingham for a month. My goal was to literally stay for a month to help anyone and everyone who needs helping.

So, when I got here Sunday, my hubs, my son, and both SIL's were building a fence in Callen and Houston's yard so that Cooper can't get out.  I just had to grin at the fun of 4 men working together to help out family.
Joy.
(and I think they enjoyed it!)

So, I got to work.

The house was really in great shape so there wasn't much to do as far as getting the house prepared and they were pretty much all moved in for the most part.


So here we have the before:
(as in when they bought the home)

Since Callen and Houston came to the lake for the BIG storage room "clean out" they pretty much got to choose what they wanted.
Even though they already had a lot of great stuff, as first time home owners it can be so overwhelming trying to make everything work.  Especially since you are trying to mesh decades of stuff in to a "designer" look.

Callen has great taste.  And it's funny, I've bucked her on many things this week and she has come out right on most everything. So I promise, I cannot take credit for the cuteness!  

We still have a ways to go on a few things but for now, we're pretty much done!
So, here we go!
WAIT!!! Obviously I'm not an "interiors" photographer.  So, these pics need some serious help ;)

So let's start with the foyer...
A wine rack that couldn't fit in the kitchen made it's way to the foyer!

Callen had to have our picture of "Sitting Bull" to add a little humor to  their foyer.
"How"...


(they have all my best paintings)
I also upcycled the dining room painting.  It was previously green houses with red flowers ;)




Next visit I'll be replacing the dining room fixture.  They are also having a new table made.

Everyone needs a fiddle leaf fig.

and a space for reading...


 Check out the details of the bookcase!  The previous owners did such a great job with details!

 a collage of family pictures.
This is the slumber suite, meant for girlfriends or dogs.

The guest bedroom.  Not quite finished as they need drapes and the finials to the bed posts...(lost in the move) (doesn't everyone do that?)

Slouchy Master suite = love

The master bath oh my.

Probably my favorite room!  The study





I think Callen and Houston made the perfect choice in this home!

This has truly been one of the most fun projects I think I've ever done!
Thank you Callen!

xoxo
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment