Wow, what can I say?
Frannie, my hip turned one this week.
I cannot believe it.
Some of my milestones, and greatest accomplishments?
I started playing back tennis 2 months after.....also I thought I was really cool and decided to serve and volley ending up face first on the tennis court...Hip was good to go, pride, not so much....
I've succesfully gained more than a few lbs. ugh!!!!
4 months after surgery I played in the ALTA AA 3 championships...The winning team came down to MY match, which I promptly lost after being on the court for yes...over three hours.
Let's see....Frannie has just been a rock star
She has allowed me to drive back and forth to Birmingham probably every other week for the last year.
I am able to paint ALL DAY standing on my feet (if I want to!)
She's allowed me to teach classes which is really a tough feat for someone with a hip issue.
i.e. standing on your feet two nights in a row for 3+ hours each night.
Let me brag...
um....those would be the paintings that my students painted this week....
yep. they were that good.
I get to play, play,play with my g-babies!
Like go to dance recitals!
and go to all their events!
Like baseball games where you climb and sit on very uncomfortable benches...
and, enjoy the newest member of the Boggs' clan!
I could seriously eat him up.
If you are contemplating total hip replacement, the best advice I can give you? Don't give it a 2nd thought.
Why go through pain when something can be done. It really is not a hard surgery, and SO worth it.
I will offer a few pieces of other advice.
1) Interview atleast 3 doctors-find one that "fits" you
2) Have your surgery done in what I call a "well" hospital. Meaning a hospital designated for replacement issues. This way you are not around "sick" people (like MRSA)
3) Have a good attitude. And be ready to be well and pain free again. Attitude is everything
4) Have someone take your credit cards....I made many Percocet purchases (I'm serious)
5) Have someone keep your animals while you are recovering (very important)
Have a terrific day y'all!!!