Monday, October 3, 2016

Things I've Learned From Roundtop!

Last night Lisa and I rolled on in from Roundtop!!!

At promptly 6 p.m.
We left at 7 a.m.
And she had two more hours to drive, poor thing...
I drove a mere 45 minutes until my hands froze up out of anxiety and she froze up from the anxiety of watching me drive.
It was a 14 foot van.

So.....here is what I've learned from Roundtop and being there in a small RV for 16 days with someone else.

1) Driving from Birmingham to Roundtop is a really long drive if you take 10 potty breaks.....
2) Roundtop is (at least this time was) is the hottest place on the face of the earth.
3) Roundtop is also the most fun place on the earth.
4) If you don't pace yourself with the partying, your toast.
5) To work with someone 24/7 (and in close quarters) you MUST have the same mentality business wise.  Not many artists could do this...luckily the only thing Lisa and I disagree on is politics....So we kind of stay away from that subject ;) It is also great if you laugh a lot (which we constantly do)
6) After seeing videos of myself dancing, I realize I have zero talent in that area.......
7) You're really lucky if you are where we were.  We are all like family at The Arbors and we all hung out together every night! Campfires, grilling out, talking and showing pictures of our kids back home.
It was just a warm feeling.
8) If the show is slow, it really does no good complaining about it, because it's not your fault.
9) If the show is busy and you're not selling, then it's time to re-assess your merchandise/art
There is no way in hell I would do this if I wasn't successful at it.
10) repeat customers are the bomb.
11) The customers are SO incredibly nice who come there.  It is an amazing feeling to not only hear the comments about your art, but then to sell something is just awe inspiring and so validating about what you do.
12) every year we learn something different...like next time we are crating our art and shipping it out.
13) you can not have one comment on a piece of art and then on one day everyone will want the same piece.
14) if you sell a piece of art, everyone suddenly wants it.
15) Girls trips rock...why? because they are pros at talking their friends in to buying something :)
16) next year I think I'll bring 500 mini paintings.  I sold out of the over 100 that I brought.
17) next year I am going to purchase a telescope because I have never seen stars like I have seen at Roundtop.
18) If you stay in an RV, bring your own tent and chairs
and lots of beer
19) I was happy to get home to my bed AND my bathroom last night
20) Do, it....everyone should take a trip out to Roundtop for this show.  Especially girl's trips.
The most fun you will ever have!!!!

Stay tuned for my end of the season sale off!!!!

Have a terrific day y'all!!!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment