Friday, August 26, 2016

9-11

Yesterday I let myself go free.
With my art that is.

I decided to just paint and see where it was going to take me.

Here is where my mind and hands took me...

So.  As I always do, I sit in a chair and stare at my paintings usually for about 30 minutes after I think I'm finished.
Then I fix them if they need "fixin".  When I sat and stared at this painting all I could think about was 9-11.  
Do you see the smoke rising from the ashes?
Do you see the rebar standing silently?
What about the flag on the left side flying at half-staff?
In my brain 9-11 was on my mind and it came out on canvas.
I decided it was finished.
I hope this painting finds a special place and owner because I think it is totally thought provoking.
It is both interesting and sad at the same time.
What an emotional painting.
We are coming up on the 15th anniversary of 9-11.
I cannot believe it has been 15 years.

"Never Forget"
36 x 48 
Price upon request
kbdr@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment