Sunday, January 29, 2017

A New Day.

Hey friends!!!

How are you?

I am great!
(thank you!)

1 month post op rotator cuff surgery and I can do almost everything except raise my hand over my head.
Well, that and maybe move furniture.
"W" told me Friday night that he lied to me about the doctor telling him I needed to wear my sling for two weeks.
W knows me way too well.....
I wondered why the doctor looked at me all weird at my checkup when I complained about having to wear that stupid sling for 2 weeks. (I was only supposed to wear it for 5 days)
safety precautions from my hubba because yes I would have done stuff that I was not supposed to do
so....
We are officially 49 days away from Roundtop.
(enter surprise face emoticon)
(enter help face emoticon)

For the next 6 weeks I will be cranking it up like a maniac on speed to have at least 40 paintings ready for Roundtop.

That does not include the 24 acrylic framed watercolors that I will be making.
I try not to think about it too hard because I get overwhelmed

I am going to be showing my newest work on my blog every time I finish one!

So...here we go!!!
Yesterday I worked on some techniques.
I worked on dry brushing.

What is dry brushing?
It is a technique that furniture painters use to highlight decorative parts of a piece of furniture.
You dip your brush into the paint and wipe off the brush with a paper towel.
Then you use a quick wispy motion to go over your piece.
In my painting, it allowed me to create rain.


"A New Day"
I love this painting because I think it represents beauty, power, and tranquility.
The water is reflecting off the sun as the sun is peeking through the stormy clouds.
We have weathered the storm.
A peaceful day is ahead.
Does it speak to you the way it speaks to me?

Have a wonderful day y'all!
kb



No comments:

Post a Comment