Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Blue Rain"

First of all, abstracts do not come easy for me.
One of the first things I tell my students when teaching a class, is my experience with abstracts.
Do you know that there actually is a method to the abstract madness?
Yes. There is. People who look at abstracts think they would/should be easy to paint.

I say "go for it".  Because trust me on this.
Painting abstract is very difficult.

I think part of the reason is that you have to let your mind go somewhere not so familiar. 
Color and content need to mesh.
And like every painting, you have to know when to stop.

There is a story in there somewhere, you just have to find it.

So, out of my abstract series....

"Blue Rain"
clear skies are pushing out the rain
30 x 30 mixed media with ground pumice
 Gallery wrapped canvas

Price upon request

Have a beautiful day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment