Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Drumsticks on the Barbie!

We have some super picky eater grandkids.
As a lover of all things edible 🤪 (except for oysters....I won't do oysters. ever.), their parents know it makes me a bit cray.
(sorry parents)
Actually H is not a real picky eater.
Hang with me on the recipe because I need to share some other things first. wink.
So...about 3 weeks ago we went to visit "W"s parents in North Carolina.
Brevard to be exact.
BTW....GREAT place to go for the day!
Here are a few pics.

Inspiration for my next painting....
Who's loving green for their interiors right now???
🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️

We got lucky and saw a bunch of white squirrels!!!

Brevard has some fun shops to peruse.

OH....I went SO crazy over this hand turned salad bowl.
I wanted to give it as a wedding gift but it was out of my 
"wedding gift" budget.
But...here is the artist.

Truth.

My 5th grandchild loved the twister game we bought for the kids to go crazy on!
He also loved playing with Baby Boggs' feet.
Meme and Daddy Bob loved meeting their newest great grandchild!

Now, before I get to the whole purpose of this blog-let me show you a few other things.
I finally put some of MY art in my house....
See that corner by the plant? That has needed art since we moved in a year ago.
I love how these turned out!

Aren't my backyard hydrangea's beautiful in these vases from Anthropologie?

Now on to the chicken
Getting back to my picky g-kid eaters.
They ABSOLUTELY LOVED THESE when we first made them while in Brevard.  "W" came up with this simple recipe.
My youngest was here this week and she LOVED them as well!
So, after a long day of working and bless her heart she had not eaten all day, I surprised her!
Get a package of drumsticks.  Y'all, they're cheap.
I mean this was 5.60 worth of chicken.
Put them in your re-usable😉plastic containers.
Rub with olive oil, sprinkle all sides with garlic, pepper, and (the key) Montreal steak seasoning. I did half with the regular seasoning and half with the spicy seasoning.

Let that all marinate for about an hour

I grilled these chicken legs on my new electric George Foreman grill because I don't know how to use our Big Green Egg.
"W" was on the golf course.

The rest of the recipes:
Junk Yard Salad
This blog was a long time ago and none of the art is available
(just in case you are interested)😉

Those peaches....OMG, OMG, OMG.
I am seriously not sure I have ever had anything that good.
They are Chilton County (Alabama) peaches
I split them in half, took the pit out, and sprinkled Swerve confectioner's sugar.
That's the sugar that Keto diet recommends.
Then grilled them for about 10 minutes. Really it was more like searing them.

Then the Brussels sprouts:
I boiled them for about 30 minutes.
Drained
Spread them on a baking sheet.
I added sprinkled with white truffle oil, garlic powder and pepper.
Baked at 425 for 30 minutes.  
Enjoy!

I want to give a shoutout to the place our kids stayed near Brevard. Y'all. SUCH a great place! And if you're in to fly fishing it is known world wide! Just know.....it is literally in the middle of nowhere.  Like really nowhere USA.
http://www.trouthousefalls.com

Have a great day y'all!
xoxo
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment