Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Going Green!

Well....I'm trying to at least.
A couple of months ago I saw a disturbing picture on Facebook.
(sorry, I know this is hard to view)

This and visiting the beaches where our beach house is and seeing the debris that people just leave after a day at the beach seriously repulses me.
So...
After almost 60 years of my life ahem, my 60th is August 8th...if anyone is interested🤪🤪🤪Seriously dreading but will make the best of it, I am really trying to make a change in my life.

So, let's get back to this "going green" thing.
After seeing the Sea Turtle pic around the same time as I was at my semi-annual trip to show my art at the Roundtop Antique show 3 months ago, I was determined.  Why did an art show make me wanna change my ways?
Single use plastic to be exact.
The shrink wrap we all use to wrap everything from paintings, to furniture, to rugs and everything else in between is mind blowing.  And what happens to it? It gets thrown right in the trash.
So, my friend Lisa Moore (my artist friend who goes with me came up with a solution for at least us)
It's much more expensive but we can reuse (for the win)
It's called cohesive corrugated wrap
I will still use bubble wrap bags since I can re-use them, but the shrink wrap is going to go.

Next, what about all those plastic baggies we use?
Here is a great solution.
Mesh bags from Amazon.
Perfect to use instead of the plastic bags in the produce section.
Just remember to take them with you to the grocery.

I've bought a separate trash can strictly for recycling.

 YES!

And let me add if you need a green painting....ahem

"Irish Blessings" in the background of this pic is still available!
36 x 48 framed
2,200.00

The next thing to go is water bottles.
NO. MORE. PLASTIC. WATER. BOTTLES.
Seriously y'all, what a waste of money.

I found these terrific glass bottles on amazon.
They are beautiful when you diffuse with mint, strawberries, blueberries, or whatever your heart desires!

Another goodie!
My youngest daughter gave me these:
Actually these are not the actual ones because I couldn't find the ones that EmerginC sells. 
But...let me tell you how I love a stainless steel straw.
The drink gets colder when it goes up the straw.
🙌🙌🙌
Here are some off Amazon


I also found these at Target for the moms who make school lunches for their kids.

Seriously, how cute are these? They come in two colors, and you can write your little love notes on them, like my oldest does!

Finally,
TAKE YOUR REUSABLE BAGS TO THE GROCERY STORE.
Ya'll, it's not that difficult and I will tell you, you can put more stuff in them which means it saves you time unloading your car.
They are also stronger than plastic so they don't bust!
I really, really, REALLY cannot believe how many people I see walking out of the grocery with plastic bags.

Just slow down a bit, take your time, and do the right thing.
Trust me.
If I can change my ways, anyone can!
I want our earth to be better for our kids and grandkids.

Have a terrific day y'all!
xoxo
kb


No comments:

Post a Comment