Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Bucket List

The Bucket List (edited)

Do you have one?
I didn't until this year.  Actually I had one thing on my bucket list years ago! 
I was going to jump out of a plane.

"W" always likes to say who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane"
He's got a point.
πŸ€”

But, life has a way of changing your mind about things right?
Anyone remember my total hip replacement 5 years ago?
That changed my mind about skydiving.

"Frannie" is doing spectacular still!!!
A few aches and pains but for the most part, she's still holding up the heavier part of my body.
So I would like for her to keep on truckin baby.

So, for this year I've started a real life Bucket List

So here are a few things on my list!

1) Ride in a hot air balloon.  I've always wanted to do this but just haven't taken the time!

2) Become a Sommelier.  I love, love, love all things wine (a little too much actually) but I just love going to Napa and vineyards. One of my very favorite things to do. So I would really love to learn all about wine and take the courses to become a Sommelier!
my favorite wine and vineyard.

3) Go to Provence, France.
My family has heard about this one so much that they are truly sick and tired of me talking about it....
but you don't know this now do you?πŸ˜‰
please family, don't think this is another message hint
🀣
I can feel your eyes rolling right now...
πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Y'all. I don't sleep real well normally. So. About 6 months ago I got this app on my phone called "Calm". It is terrific. And so terrific that I have listened to a story called Blue/Gold about 100 or so times.  The narrator walks you through the lavender fields of Provence. It is SOOOOOOO dreamy! And since my bucket list includes seeing the Van Gogh Alive show (speaking of hints messages) I am pumped about all of this being on my bucket list.
Van Gogh is my all time favorite painter.  Not sure why I can relate to him, but I do. Maybe being misunderstood? You know, that third child syndrome thing.
Just know this.  
"I will never cut off my ear"
EVER.

4) Write a book.
Doesn't everyone have this on their bucket list?
I keep telling my husband that he needs to write a business book because he is so smart and logical.
But, not sure he's up for it.
I do have a story or two I'd like to tell though!
My daughter found this yesterday.  I typed it on my uncle's typewriter when I was about 11 or 12
"The Godfather and Godmother"
"I am a business ladie and I do all kinds of work."
That's hilarious.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
by the way...
I'm SOOOO proud of this sweet girl (whom I've never met but know like a good friend!)
Kristy Woodson Harvey
Isn't she beautiful?
She's done an entire series of these AMAZING books!
Great easy beach reading.

Come to think of it, meeting Kristy in real life would be 
5) on my bucket list!

6) Go back to school and get an art history degree.

So I'll know more about my favorite artist
Van Gogh



Do you cry when you hear this song like I do?
Don McClean
♥️
7) Take an art class in Italy!

8) Learn to play the violin
(my favorite instrument)!

9) Take a public speaking course

 So.  This is probably a weird one, but I call myself
"the funeral speaker"
I'm not sure why, but I think I've done 4 or so eulogies so far.
I love doing them and honoring my friends and family that I love so dearly.  So, I would love to do a better job at that!

That's my beautiful mom.  I had the honor of speaking at her funeral years ago.

10) GO ON A MISSION TRIP! Y'all....I cannot even believe I have never gone on one.  I'm almost embarrassed to tell you that I've never done this! I would love to help children and people who are less fortunate than me learn how to do things.  I know I could give back! I would love to teach art, sewing, cooking, tennis and all the things I love to do! I am seriously ashamed of myself and I WILL go on one one of these days. Period.

Have a terrific day y'all!
xoxo
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment