Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Missing Bear"


I am so proud of this painting.  My husband is a huge Alabama fan and was a Bear Bryant lover.  As a matter of fact, the day Bear died is one of the few times I've seen him cry! I had originally painted a houndstooth hat like this for him years ago.  Even though he loved it, I was never very happy with the way it turned out.  So I decided to give it another try.  This is the finished product. If I can get a little "deep" here I will explain that the paint splatters are representative of the tears that this houndstooth hat is "crying" from "Missing Bear".  Anyway....after an overwhelming response from people, I decided to contact the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame (ASHOF) in Birmingham and asked if they would consider adding this to their sports memorabilia collection.  To my surprise they accepted my piece.  So, it is now being displayed at ASHOF! I decided to take it a step further and have it made into "artist's proofs" and signed and numbered lithographs.  I got a call yesterday from ASHOF saying that people are "anxiously awaiting" the prints!  WOW! This is a such a huge step for me! The lithographs will be arriving today and can be purchased at the gift shop at ASHOF!  So,,,we will just have to see where this goes! 
Alabama Sports Hall of Fame website:
www.ashof.com

No comments:

Post a Comment