Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Summer Trees"

I am constantly amazed at how many people love what I call "messy" art.  I'm one of those who doesn't like "perfect" and prefer messy.  In stark contrast to that comment, I'm actually a "neat freak" when it comes to my house.  But I think when it comes to art "perfect" leaves nothing to the imagination.  I mean if you look at art in a realistic form it's really just like looking at a photograph.  Don't get me wrong I TOTALLY appreciate and respect artists who paint realism (mainly because I could never paint that well), I just happen to think "messy" is a lot more intriguing....and thought provoking! I like to look at a piece of art and let it speak to me about it's content.  I believe one sees the passion in the artist through the abstract and "messiness" of it all.  

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, perfection is overrated! I also use your theory when it comes to my hair in the humid summer months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8:30 PM Time of birth Charlotte Milner (charlottemilner@aol.com

    ReplyDelete