Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jennys Light

Jennys Angels

About 2 1/2 years ago I lost my life long best friend Becky Sollie Clark to cancer. She struggled with it for oh I guess about 13 years and fought really hard. I was so proud of her and I loved her more than anything. She was my rock and my protector growing up. She loved the Lord and I know she is smiling at me from Heaven. She is the reason I paint my angels. Why am I telling you this? Well, around the same time that she passed away, another tragedy was in the making. A young woman from Birmingham had just taken her own life and the life of her new baby. I know this because Becky's daughter Abby knew them and told me about this. The young woman was the wife of a resident who was a fellow resident with Abby's husband Jeremiah. This was devastating to hear that someone so young and seemingly full of life would do something so tragic.
She suffered from postpartum depression.
A very real and devastating illness.
So, Jennys Light was formed.
Now in it's 3rd year, they have become a formidable organization and one that is getting a lot of attention.
They are having a golf tournament this week on June 16 and there's still sponsorship available!
For more about the organization click here.
This painting is called Jennys Angels.
It is framed 40 x 40, valued at 1,200.00 and is going to be presented for a silent auction.
Please pray that this event will be successful and that we can soon find a cure for Postpartum Depression.
Have a wonderful day!



1 comment:

  1. I miss you- my talented sweet friend! I just looked at Jordan's blog- Evey is gorgeous!! She gets her beauty honestly from all of you. Thanks so much for coming to Orlando- we are going to see the newlyweds this weekend and can't wait! They are great.
    I love you. When can I get some time with you????? We have way too much to catch up on. Seriously. Oh, and I loved this post:)
    KG

    ReplyDelete