Thursday, February 16, 2017

I Have an Idol

His name is Kevin Chambers.
He doesn't have a clue who I am, however we have actually been in a few art shows together and even been published together in an Atlanta magazine!

You see.
I've always wanted to sculpt. And he is a master sculpturist.
I think my love of sculpting started when I um. (true confession time)
created the Arc de Triomphe for my then 7th grader for his school project.
Since he's 31 now, I'm sure he won't get suspended from Franklin Road Academy.
How the teacher did not know he didn't do it was beyond me because all of his friends called him out on it.
"YOUR MOTHER MADE THAT"
It was good.
Like really good.
But I digress.
Sculpting (to me) is just something of a mind blowing thing to ponder.
How in the world can anyone create the image of a person, or thing
out of a lump of clay and then actually make it stand up?
I'm taking a class.
When I finish RT and Wesleyan.
That will be my next project.
In the meantime...
some of the works of Kevin Chambers



 



He's pretty amazing don't you think?

Have a great day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment