Friday, February 24, 2017

Lemony Chicken Artichoke Soup!

For some weird reason I have craved Lemon-chicken-artichoke soup for 3 days now.
Such a weird thing to crave huh?

I couldn't find a recipe that looked like what I was craving, so I made my own!

Oh goodness, I gotta admit, it was good.
Really, really good!

So.
Here we go!
Start with these ingredients:
That would be
6 pieces of chicken tenders
A large handful of sliced mushrooms
1 or 2 cans of quartered artichokes (drained)
3 smashed garlic cloves
4 green onions chopped
Truffle oil or olive oil
1 can of Coconut milk
Box of Chicken stock
Lemon juice
Lemons
Marsala (if wanted)
Tsp. of thyme
salt, pepper

Okay.
In the most beautiful copper pot you've ever owned from Home Goods (my friend Susie would be so proud) heat up about 2 TBSP of the fabulous truffle oil that your hubs gave you for Christmas.
(hey. it was an amazing gift.)
Or you can use olive oil.

Add the smashed garlic

And saute

Add the onions and let them get a bit tender

Then the chicken and brown

Remove the chicken

Not sure why I didn't add the mushrooms before the chicken but oh well.
I added them now but had to add a bit of chicken broth because it was too dry and starting to burn.
It all worked out.

Add the rest of the box of chicken broth to the mix
I will tell you that it is hard to photograph with one hand cooking.

Now add one can of drained quartered artichoke hearts
*tip - try to remove any tough outside leaves that you can



Now add about 1/2 cup of lemon juice

And a can of coconut milk

It was really smelling good in my house by now.

Add the chicken back in and all seasonings

And bring to a boil

Reduce the heat to low

Cover and simmer for about 1 hour

After 1 hour, remove the chicken and pull apart

If you do not have an emulsion blender get one.
It will change your soup lovin heart

 
Blend for about 20 seconds.

Re-add the shredded chicken

It needed something else, so I added a bit of cumin and a little more salt.
I also added another can of drained artichokes to thicken and about 1/4 cup of marsala for richness
Cook on low for about 20 more minutes

It was perfect!

I'll be eating leftovers for lunch!

Have a great day y'all!
kb



1 comment:

  1. This looks so appetizing. And I am sure it tastes great also, I just showed this to my girlfriend and we are goonna cook this over the weekend. Cheers !

    ReplyDelete