Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Yummy Wild Mushroom Soup!

I am a HUGE lover of Wild Mushroom Soup

really, it just makes it feel like Fall when I make it.
It smells like fall, it looks like fall,  and when it's cold out, the smooth, warm, earthy yumminess...
well, really there just aren't many things better.

So, how do you make it?

First.
I'm probably the only person in the world who will go spend 40.00 at Whole Foods for the ingredients for 4 helpings of soup.
Seriously?
I did, however, resist buying new flowers, nuts, vitamins, fresh veges that will rot in my fridge, 3 different cheeses, and the olive bar.
and...
I forgot my recycle bags.
ohhhh, sa-lap my hand!
(I skirted outta there fast so no one would notice)

anyway, home I went
(oh wait, I did do my civic duty and voted!)

okay, here we go.

Here's what cha need:

Mixed wild mushrooms, Leeks, Garlic, Heavy cream, Butter, Dry white wine, Dry sherry, fresh thyme, and Chicken broth

Cut the green part off of the leeks, and cut them lengthwise.

wash them really well

Chop the leeks

Melt the butter over med. heat.

Add some minced garlic to your leeks


Saute leeks and garlic over med heat for 3 min.

Remove the leeks and set aside

Finely chop the thyme

Saute the mushrooms and the thyme for about 10 min.

Remove 3/4 of the mushrooms and set aside

add the leeks back to the pan

add the broth

and the wine and the sherry

by now your home is smelling divine!  SO good!!!
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 min.

transfer to an immersion blender and blend until smooth

um...be sure the top is on and your settings are on low before you start.
What a HUGE mess!  Y'all, mushroom soup went all over my kitchen.  I mean EXPLODED out of the blender.

Then I blended.


return to your pot

and add cream.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer for 8 - 10 min.

SO yummy!!!

Wild Mushroom Soup

1 1/2 lbs. mixed wild mushrooms
3 leeks
4 cloves garlic
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup dry sherry
2 tsp. fresh thyme
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
3 TBS butter
salt and pepper to taste

have a great day y'all!
kb


No comments:

Post a Comment