Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Three Days of Vitamix-Day Three-The Grand Finale!

By now you know that I love food.
I really, really love food.
good food.
I'm not one of those "girly, girls" that likes to "split" a meal.
All my girlfriends know to pass over me when it's meal splintin time.

Anyway.  I made my "go to" meal tonight.
with an new little Vitamix recipe.
Pesto Pasta.
About the chicken recipe though.
My kids love, love, love this recipe.
It's one of those "I don't know what to cook" recipes.
I just spiced it up a bit tonight.
And who doesn't like a little "spice it up" kinda meal?

here we go..
first up?  the pesto.
This is what you need.  That's basil by the way.  A plant of basil.

dump it all in the Vitamix!
1/4 c olive oil
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 c parm cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup walnuts
squeeze of a fresh lemon
2 garlic cloves

mix at 7 for 45 seconds


now, to make the go to meal that my kids love

saute 4 chopped green onions in some olive oil mixed with garlic powder

brown boneless chicken pieces on both sides

like this

squeeze two lemon halves

add about 2 T vermouth

drink some wine and take some aleve.

yummy!

boil some wheat pasta

by now your chicken looks like this...

drain your pasta.

and add your pesto to the chicken

The best meal I've had in a really long time!

have a great night!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment