Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Get Your "True Food Kitchen" Fix!!

About a week ago I saw a Facebook post by a friend of mine (hi Debbie!)
She was at the opening of the new restaurant in Atlanta called

'True Food Kitchen"

it's a chain of healthy restaurants by Andrew Weil, MD





Dr. Weil is a teacher and best selling author who promotes Integrative Medicine.
drweil.com

This is something that interests me.

Now, I'm not one to stray from (or get weird) about medicine, but I've always believed that the mind needs to be treated with the body.  Your body needs to be treated as a whole.

Mind, body, spirit.

I personally believe that your mind is the most important tool in your body to heal yourself.
I also believe that your mind can physically destroy your body. 
This is obviously nothing new.

Anyway, I couldn't wait to go eat at this new restaurant.

So, my friend Michele and I jumped over to Lenox Mall for a treat.  We honestly had no idea what we would be in for!  It was opening day and I'll be the first to say that I'm not a big fan of going to a restaurant the day they open.  But this was different.  I just couldn't wait!

Walking in, this place just feels good.
It feels a little like walking in to a Whole Foods.
Wonder why that is so?  There is just something so warm and inviting about walking into a wall of fresh vegetables.
Just makes you want to spend some money. :)

The decor at True Food is eclectic, fresh, slightly contemporary, with an industrial mix.


add pops of bright yellow, white, green, and iron...


and you've got the makings of the perfect "environmentally friendly", "organic" looking space.
I immediately felt healthier just by walking through the door.

 
Check out this menu.
Of course, you may need a dictionary to figure out what some of the stuff you're eating is.
Like "daikon"?  Anyone have a clue?

So, Michele and I ordered this appetizer.

Um, really it could have fed 4 - 6 people and we ended up taking a lot home with us.
But it was SO good.
And believe me, I'm going to be serving this at our next dinner party.
It was served with both a cucumber/tzatziki dip and a black olive tapenade of sorts.
We then shared a bowl of brown rice with chicken (which was so good I forgot to take a picture)

After a refreshing Bloody Mary (btw, I thought they would have had that on the menu but I had to ask for it)...and they kinda looked at me like I just threw them a curve ball,

we were completely and utterly stuffed.

but....
by 3:00, I was STARVING!!!

Still, I will definitely be back!

have a great day y'all!
kb


*note.  The only thing negative I can say about True Food Kitchen is that they don't include the calorie count on the menu.  kb




No comments:

Post a Comment