Sunday, June 8, 2014

R H....Did You Get Yours???

This.
That obnoxious 17 lb. lump of catalogs that arrived last week?
I arrived home from my two week stay Friday night to find this sitting on my bar stool.
My first thought?
I will never, ever in a million years even open this. ever.


With that being said, RH (previously Restoration Hardware) has always been one of my favorite shops.  I was a RH lover before RH got cool.  I think I was their very first customer.
I have seen them grow through the years and have followed their progress.
Their oh so creative, hip styles make you want to just throw everything in your house away when you  look at their website.  Don't they?

A couple of years ago RH seemed to change their focus.
hold on and let me change the subject....

I'll never forget going into an antique store that was right outside of the North building at Scott Antique Mall here in Atlanta.
This was about 7 years ago.
I saw this.

I wanted it.  Bad.
They wouldn't sell it to me because the company had an exclusive with a shop in Atlanta.
I went to that shop.  It was just too pricey for me.  This was the first time I had seen a Wine Barrel Chandelier.
Then a company called Bobo's Intriguing Objects (a wholesaler) picked up this design.  I don't know for sure, but I think the same person who created this out of that little antique store made them for Bobos.
All of the sudden this chandelier started showing up in RH.  The start of the new RH came along.
It was the start of the major change to that chain of design stores.
They went into partnership with the designers of Bobo's Intriguing Objects and "Katie bar the door"
Everything went crazy with RH.
I mean really crazy!


























They have some of the best designs I've ever seen.
and
they are only getting bigger.
They are planning new store openings with cafe bars, rooftop gardens, restaurants and even performance centers.

now, as much as I like the designs of RH, I have to insert my last experience with them.
My last huge design job we ordered a TON of RH furniture, accessories, etc.
When we received the items many were broken.  And to top that off, the delivery service was totally rude, even said to me "look lady I need to know where you want to put this stuff"
It took a call to the president of RH to straighten out a lot of the problems.

Okay, lets get back to the catalog.
Why the waste?
Why the need to send out a lug of catalogs that NO ONE is going to read?
In this day of free advertising, it seems so irresponsible to me.
Mine, like everyone I know, are going in the recycling bin.

RH, you need to rethink that decision.

Have a great day y'all!
kb


No comments:

Post a Comment