Monday, June 30, 2014

Peach Berry Flamb'e

So.
Last night our friends M and D came over for dinner.
We took all of our food up to the pool deck and ate alfresco overlooking the city of Atlanta.
What a special night it turned out to be with wonderful friends!
After that, we went back downstairs for dessert.
I wanted to make use of those yummy berries that we hand picked.

I made
Peach Berry Flamb'e.

Yum.
and.  It was really fun!

here's how it went.

this is what I used.  Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and peaches.

I melted 3 TBS of unsalted butter and 3 - 4 TBS light brown sugar.

I sautéed JUST the peaches first (about 3 min.)

Then I threw in the rest of the berries.  I sautéed those for a couple of minutes.


I then poured in about 1/4 cup of Rum

Using a grill torch, I lit the whole thing on fire.
note:  although mine was less than exciting, be VERY careful doing this.  Especially if alcohol is involved.  As in, if you've consumed a lot of alcohol. 

It's hard to tell but there is a low flame sweeping across the pan.

Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
Y'all, this was delicious.  I am serious.  It is a "must try"!

Enjoy with friends!!!

Have a wonderful day y'all!
kb

Recipe

Peach Berry Flamb'e

2 peaches peeled and quartered
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup blue berries
3 TBS unsalted butter
3-4 TBS light brown sugar
1/4 cup rum

Melt butter in pan.  Add sugar.  Add peaches and cook about 3 min.  Add rest of fruit and cook for 2 more min.  Pour in the rum and light on fire! (be careful as this could possibly flame up)  Have a top to the pan on hand to cover the flame.
Serve over vanilla bean ice cream.
Soooo yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment