Thursday, February 4, 2010

I had no idea what I was doin! Then I got obsessed......


Obsessive/compulsive part 1

Some of you have asked me where I got the cute little felt flowers that are on my makeup bags. Well, they actually came from Tinsel Trading www.tinseltrading.com Their website is cool but less than desirable when it comes to ordering SOOOOO, of course I've gotten obsessed and decided to try to make them myself. Since normal felt is too thin I had to come up with another idea.

So, this is what I came up with. New to knitting (oh, how I wish I could knit beautiful things like my friend Barbara) this is about all I can do!

A square


Then I needed to felt it. SO, I washed it in VERY hot soapy water


This is what I got!

a piece of felt...

Then I had to cut out the flower

Well that didn't do it for me.

Soooo I found the COOLEST website!
very, very, very cool
Called
and this is what they sent me:

the bestest, thickest felt ever!

so.....I cut out my own little flower

and added a little pompom
to my plain little flower

I "felt" my cosmetic bag needed a little pop

So.....I added my cute little flower. Better huh!

Can't wait to see what else I can do with my Filzfelt!!!
Gotta go chickies!

No comments:

Post a Comment