Monday, August 27, 2012

"Gratification"

Is "gratification" a word? I think it is because spell check didn't catch me on it :)
As an artist I have been extremely gratified when I paint something and someone purchases it.
I can't tell you what a wonderful feeling it is to share my creativity with others.
So....
I want to tell you a story that has gratified me more than anything I've ever done.
To protect her privacy I'm just going to call her "A".
"A" has been trying to contact me via e-mail for quite some time now about purchasing a dress painting.  Well for some reason we were never able to connect with one another.  Not sure why but I think I was sending my e-mails back to her and they went into cyberspace.
So finally we connected!!!  She told me what she wanted and explained that she needed it soon.
Seems "A" is about to go back to the hospital for the 4th or 5th time for 5 weeks for cancer.
She wanted something beautiful to look at hanging on her hospital wall.
She wanted me to name it "Her Last Dance"
I cried.
Gratification.
To be able to paint something for someone so sick and for them to want to see it the first time they wake in the morning is beyond gratifying.
So "A", if you are reading, your painting is on it's way.
You have gratified me and it is my gift to you.
Wishing you all the blessings and prayers I can give you for a speedy recovery.
kendall

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful painting to have hanging on the hospital wall...it's gorgeous! You're a special lady, Kendall with a big heart...

    ReplyDelete