Sunday, January 26, 2014

DIY Mercury Glass...EASYBREEZY!

Attention!
This is probably the easiest DIY project I have ever in my life done.

Mercury glass.
Well, I'm not sure if this is called mercury glass or not because it's gold.
But, I LOVE the look, and you could do it with gold, silver, bronze, blue...any color of spray paint you want!

First, fill a spray bottle with 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water

Oh wait, you need a clear vessel that you want to paint.
In my case, we want to do gold votives for the wedding.  
But, they needed to be larger than a normal votive, but not too large.
So, I found this small clear vase at Michaels for a whopping 1.00.

 I also purchased this gold metallic spray paint.  It was about 8.00 but I had a 40% off coupon.

first, you spray the inside of the vase with the vinegar/water mixture.  Not a lot, just a few spritz.
Swirl it around and then dump out the mixture.

Then take the metallic spray and spray the inside of the vase.  Swirl that around also and dump out.
Then take a paper towel and dab the inside.



I love!!!
Total cost, oh probably about 1.50
Total time?
less than 10 minutes.

Have a great day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment