Friday, July 25, 2014

33 Years Ago...

I did the best thing that I've ever done in my life....
I married my husband.
"circa 1981 on our honeymoon"

Now, it may not have been the best thing HE ever did in his life (enter a snorting kind of laugh)
but
we truly make a good team.
 and we have fun together


We respect each other, we give each other space, we care about one another.
He listens to my gripes and I listen to his.
and, one of the most important things that we do for each other?
We always have each other's back.
We are ALWAYS and I truly mean this, ALWAYS on each other's side.
What I mean by that is we are always on the same side of the fence.
Even with the kids.  If I have a problem with one of them, he's on my side and visa versa.

Speaking of kids....
We produced 3 absolutely wonderful kids.
And I am not just saying that, we really did.
How we did it, I really don't know.
It has been far from easy.  We have had many, many ups and downs.  And ya know, I think we both just love each other and our kids enough to say "well, ya just gotta get through those tough times".
and, you have to do what ever it takes to get through them!

He has provided for me well.
He is truly one of the most unselfish people I have ever known in my life.
He puts me, our kids, and our grand kids before himself in every thing he does.
He would much rather do for us than for himself.

now.
It's weird.  I really didn't know that part about him when we got married.

he even loved me through that "mom jean" stage.  Oh my Lord.



 I always say I have an angel on my shoulder.  And there was definitely one on my shoulder when I met "W"

I am so honored and blessed that God chose him for me.

Here's to 33 more years!!!
I love you "W"!


No comments:

Post a Comment