I don't know why, but a couple of days ago I decided to go get some polymer clay and make some ornaments.
I've always loved hand molding but had never played with polymer clay.
What is polymer clay anyway?
I don't know really. All I know is that it's pliable, and you bake it at home.
I think it's clay made with plastic.
It's really fun and really easy.
And kids about age 4 and up can play with it!
So, here is what I'm doing with MY polymer clay!
Aren't these fun?
I would have loved to show how I am making these with a step by step tutorial, but unfortunately my beloved camera is on the blink.
I will, however, give you a few tips!
1) Poylmer clay can be purchased through any craft store. However, be sure and purchase the soft kind.
2) Advise getting the liquid softener to help with kneading.
3) Purchase a cheap clay carving kit
4) Stamps are great, but the best looking one (in my humble opinion) are the lower case typewriter kits. I found mine at Hob Lob.
5) Use a rolling pin to flatten out the clay
6) Poylmer clay can be painted!
7) You Tube is a great source of information on using polymer clay
Have fun y'all!