Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Makeup for the New Year!

Throw it out!
Throw it ALL out!

That is exactly what I'm doing today.

I am sick of the makeup that has been in my makeup bag.
And, if you're like me, that same makeup has been in that makeup bag for about 5 years.
yep.

Did you know that makeup goes bad?
And think of the germs that must be in that makeup
ewe.

(I'm also cleaning my makeup brushes)

I would buy new brushes, but really I have good brushes and I think I can salvage them.
I clean mine with this, the same thing I use to clean my art brushes.
It's really the best thing for cleaning everything!


Now on to what I'm purchasing for myself.
I've researched makeup for a couple of days trying to find the best possible products.
I mainly look at how many stars the makeup gets but I've also included some tried and true products that I have used over the years.

Let's get started!

I always used a primer, and this one is the best one I have ever found.
Only problem?  You have to order off Amazon

Sue Devitt also make this fabulous setting spray.  Must have.  You spray it on top of your foundation.


Dermablend cover stick if you need lots of coverage and love the type where you don't have to apply with a brush
This is absolutely the best concealer I've ever used.
When my best high school friend died years ago I went to Sephora and asked for the best concealer to cover the redness under my eyes from crying for days.
This is what they gave me and trust me, it is the best.

Shephora


If you want heavy coverage, try this.
Dermablend



this is also a great product
and it sprays on evenly

Dior

This is what I am going to try this year.
It got great reviews.

Armani

now, after you put your foundation on, you should always smooth it out


This is a "must have" in your makeup bag.

I'm serious, I could not live without this item.

Laura Mercier

I've used Nars makeup for years but this year I'm going to try this:

Chanel



I'm also going to try this.
I absolutely hate, hate, hate having to sharpen my eyeliner and lip liner.
So, I'm going all in with the wind up type

Clinique


and then there is this


there really isn't anything better than Maybelline mascara.
period.

on to...

one of the most important things you should have in your makeup bag.
Many, many don't understand the importance of this lttle tool!


simply the best eye brow pencil ever made.
Christian Dior

blush.

Chanel

or

Nars.
Have used it for years but ready for a change.

Finish your blush off with this
Bobby Brown makes a great bronzer
and you need this brush to apply

a big fat Bobby Brown bronzing brush!

now for the lips...


I don't ever walk out of the house with out lip liner
ever.

La prairie
(notice the twist up top)

and finally


Two lipsticks I love!

Tom Ford


and Sisley

Before I end,
You must have new brushes (or clean your old ones)

this is a terrific set


If I needed them I would certainly get this set!

Make up Forever
Sephora


Have a beauty filled day y'all!
kb


















No comments:

Post a Comment