Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Beautiful Little Trip!

Well we finished our little mini-vaca in fine fashion.
After a little incident with a 6 foot black bear banging on Sissy and Larry's window last night...(um, could you imaging being awakened at 12:30 a.m. to that), yep, Larry came knocking on our door for us to come take a look.
The guy was hugh y'all.
He attacked the garbage can and tore it to pieces.
Then left.
I was up at 5:30 when he or one of his counterparts decided to do another number on the can.
What a racquet!
Anyway, we decided this morning that we had not had enough to eat all week.
...
so, collectively we decided that a good ole fashioned homestyle countrie meal was in our future.
We hopped in our cars and off we traveled to Dillard, Georgia.
y'all.
I mean really y'all.
We had NO idea what we were in for.

If you ever get the chance to go to this place.  Go. Do not doubt what I am saying at all.  Just GO.
It was the MacDaddy of Meals.
The Grand Finale.
The cherry on top.

yes.  that was my plate. (notice the token sweet-n-low packet on the table).
Oh....and I had seconds.
Now, for those of you who aren't from the South, eating like this will give you a major case of "dunlap"disease.
What the heck is that you ask?
It's when you eat so much yo stomach dunlapped over your jeans.
I'm serious this is a real disease!  Look it up in the dictionary.
The only cure?
A nap.

Back to Dillards.
Every single thing they serve there is either grown on their farm or harvested nearby.
The vegetables are completely fresh, nothing frozen or store bought.
It is served family style.
You sit down and they bring you like 18 plates of food.
 I left the table after eating and went out to take a few pics.



 there was a beautiful little Dahlia flower garden across the street.  Unfortunately the setting on my camera was all wrong and these were the best shots I could get.
 even though I had big plans for my pictures.  


As we left we were entertained by this couple a pickers.

Have a wonderful Sunday y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment