Friday, October 11, 2013

Wedding Wednesday....on Friday! Your Gift Registry!

One of the most important things you can do while planning your wedding is your gift registry.
People naturally want to give wedding gifts and usually the first thing they do is look at your registry.
Unless you're me.
I like to buck the system and give my bridal friends what I want to give them.
Anyway, I was thinking about my own wedding 32 years ago and what I had on my registry.
Back then you did silver, fine china, every day china, etc.
Not sure if that is still done or not, but I'm thinking the big thing now is just every day china.  Or something that you could serve dressy and casual.
At least in my daughter's registry that will be the case.
I have so much china that I never use.
Really good stuff.  Enough to pass down to 10 children....and grandchildren.
So, I went to my favorite kitchen ware shoppe and put together a registry guideline!
Sur la table
Pronounced "sur" "la" tab" (with a long a)
It's not in all cities, particularly smaller cities, but you can always order on line.

I'm really a sucker for this kinda stuff y'all.
I have cooked for about 45 years.
I compiled things from years of cooking that you could use for everyday cooking!  For a really long time.
This is stuff that will last.  Trust me on this
and
you need to love your cookware.
It will make you happy in the kitchen!

 Okay,  get your pen and paper out.
Here we go!





























































and finally, this from Williams-Sonoma
from the Astor Collection

Now.  I wish I had registered for items that would have lasted me over a lifetime.
If you keep it simple and neutral (white or ivory),
cookware stainless, and good cookware like All Clad, it will.
I have been cooking with All Clad for at least 25 years and it is the best I have ever found.

have a great day y'all!!!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment