Thursday, October 17, 2013

Welcome to Fall Y'all!

Are ya feelin it yet?
The air is more crisp.
The leaves are changing.
The days are getting shorter.

I love fall.
It's my favorite season.
I love to cook in fall.

We are heading to the mountains with our great friends Larry and Sissy.
So, I wanted to take my sweet tooth friend Larry a little goodie!

Salted Caramel Sauce.
can you say YUM x 10?

If I had this in my kitchen all the time I would be 10tontilly.

Here we go.

Salted Caramel Sauce

Here's what ch need.

 Melt a stick of butter


 Throw in 2 cups of light brown sugar

 and then pour 1 cup of heavy cream stirring with a whisk.

 Mix well over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to med. low and cook for 7 minutes
Remove from heat and add 2 tsp. vanilla
Mix with whisk.

 Carefully pour hot mixture into decorative jar

 Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top

And there ya have it!  A nice little yummy gift!

Recipe:
(makes 3 cups)
1 stick butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup cream
2 tsp. vanilla
flaky sea salt

Directions:
Melt butter in heavy pot
Add brown sugar
Add cream mixing with whisk
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med and cook for 7 min.
Remove from heat and add vanilla
Mix well.
Let cool slightly and pour into decorative container
Sprinkle with flaky sea salt

Have a wonderful day y'all!!!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment