Tuesday, May 27, 2014

David Duke....A Photographer with Raw Talent

About a year ago, I noticed a picture that a Facebook friend of mine posted.
Now.  I love photography.  And taking a good photograph is something that I struggle with every time I click the button on my camera.  I think you either "got it" or you don't when it comes to a camera.

The definition of "Raw Talent"
Webster defines raw talent as "powerfully impressive talent"
I agree.

Enter David Duke.
David is 55 years old.  He lives in my hometown of Dothan, Alabama (one of the most talented cities in the country BTW)
He has carried around a camera all of his life, but has had no formal training.

Instinctively gifted is how I would describe him.  He says he's lucky to get the shots he gets.  I beg to differ.  I'm pretty darn lucky, and I have never, ever been able to capture images like he can.
I love that his photography brings peace to his hectic life.
I love that this guy has a hobby that he loves and one that he will carry with him for the rest of his life.

David is Executive Director for the United Way 2-1-1, in the Wiregrass Area.
(Lower Alabama for those of you unfamiliar)

now.  Sit back,  relax,  and enjoy the "Bug Photographer's" beautiful work!


















"Powerfully Impressive"! 
Camera - Nikon D 3200
Favorite Lens - AF Nikkor 55-300, 1:4.5-5.6-GED

Let me also give a huge shoutout to United Way's photography event coming up!
If you're in the Wiregrass area, please try to attend!
Way to go David Duke!

have a wonderful day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment