Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy One Week Birthday!

I've made it one week!
Happy, happy birthday to "Frannie" my new hip!

Milestones:

She can hold me up nicely (in some cases so well that I forget to use my cane/walker)

Her incision is healing perfectly (no infection-knock on wood)

Her pain is minimal.  Still taking pain meds but tapering off

She is only waking me up once a night to change her diaper and for 3 o'clock pain med feeding

I can take her out for a 2 hour outing max but each day she is tolerating more.

Frannie is my new best friend.  I am going to depend on her for everything.  She will take care of me when I'm a little old lady.

on another note, Fannie and I ARE going a little stir crazy.
Every day I have these HUGE plans for us.
About an hour and a half into those plans I look at Sister and say "I gotta go home"
Frannie needs to rest.

Have a great day y'all!
kb






1 comment:

  1. Confession…we've had a crazy last 5 weeks redoing our blog with LOTS of issues and I have been an MIA blog friend. I've spent the better part of my morning on your blog, reading and reading and boy, did I need to catch up. You certainly made the right decision on your hip and in no time with your spunk, you'll be dancing with those beautiful grandchildren. Aren't sisters the best. I have 3 of them and can certainly count on them any time to help when the need arises. Praying for a speedy recovery and yes, no infection. Take care of yourself and I'll definitely be better about my visits!!

    ReplyDelete