Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Sad Day....

Word of Robin Williams passing last night hit me like a brick wall.

I loved that man.

I loved his passion.  I loved his style.  I loved his laughter.

One of my all time favorite movies is Mrs. Doubtfire.

He was simply a creative genius and brought such joy to my life as he did to many others.

Now, let's talk about depression and mental illness.

This is a REAL illness.  Nothing makes me more mad than people who dismiss this serious disease as nothing more than "Crazy".
Unfortunately, the more passionate and creative a person is the more likely they are to suffer.

I love that Dr. Nancy Snidermen on the Today Show today said that many, many people who suffer from mental illness try to cover it up with alcohol and drug use.  Many ending in suicide. That is such a true statement.
 
Bring the truth out about mental illness, accept it as a disease, and take great strides in changing the typical thought process of this disease.  To dismiss this disease as something that someone brings upon themselves is simply "crazy".

How many of us have known someone who suffers from mental illness?

It is a devastating disease.  Something (we) as a society have got to take more seriously.


R.I.P. Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire

I will miss you.

kb



1 comment: