Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'm Stuck!

This "designer" needs design advice.
Geez, I do not know why it is so hard to make decisions on my own stuff when it's so easy to do it for someone else!
First of all, this is what happened. 
When we moved back into the condo, we just needed something to "make do" for the extra bedroom.
We knew we wanted two queen beds in there because we had the room.
On a shoe string budget, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a "bed in a bag"
So, now I am doing EXACTLY what I used to tell my design clients not to ever do.
Make do.
My problem is that I just don't want to put money into this place since I'm not emotionally attached to it.
I wish I could just scratch it and start over but not gonna do it.
So, I'm going to paint it because it desperately needs that.
What color?
I'm really leaning towards a creamy linen color.  Also I think what I may do to add a little "Pop" is long roll pillows at the end of the bed.  I do this all the time and maybe I need to entertain another color in there.  Yep, that's what I think I need.
this might be fun!

I see a tutorial in my blog future

hum.
on another note, have I shown you this?
I found this at Scotts this weekend and am in LOVE! My kitchen is coming along.  Now I have to decide what I'm going to do with the dreary white cabinets.
and, if any of you know where I can find these placemats, please let me know!!! Or else I'm going to have to get crafty....and I hate working with burlap!
have a wonderful day y'all!  
kb

5 comments:

  1. Loving your ideas and the island you found at Scotts is insanely fabulous!! I am the biggest fan of geometric prints and that green is amazing - wish I could help you on where to find the placemats, but you could paint those in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought very similar placemats at Tracery Interiors in Mt.Brook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you stubbed your toes yet walking around that island table?? I love the table, it is so rustic and cool, but I would be banging my toes into those metal feet ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! no, the metal things are rollers that I used to move it. It just has the legs.

    ReplyDelete