Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Grandmother's Love

You know, with Mother's Day coming up, I get particularly emotional.
Do ya'll do that?
I don't know why, but the older I get the worse it gets.
I may just break down at any given moment.  geez.
Anyway, I was looking at pics of mom the past couple of days and remembering how much she loved her grandchildren.  It's just different than your children.  Nothing like it.
I'm that way too.  I just adore them! (not that I don't adore my children, there is just something about that unconditional love that children show)
For example.  Lil B broke his arm this week.  He was in the waiting room and made friends with this 85 yr old woman.  He reached in his pocket and found a crumpled up 1 dollar bill that his dad had given him.  He showed it to her.  She later saw him with his brand spanking new cast on.  She wanted to give him a brand new dollar.  He looked at her and said "you are so beautiful"
OH be still my heart.
Now, the older I get, and not having mom around, I realize that life is really so short.  We should all honour our moms.
I posted on FB yesterday how it is just so darn easy to be impatient with our aging moms.  That is the truth.  It's so hard, because you just want them to be their young vibrant self that you remember as a child.  My mom's last 6 months of life were the worst nightmare of my life.  I hate that she had to endure such pain and suffering.  But like I said yesterday.  I bet she's up in Heaven smocking away for all the little angels.




 brother comforting me after mom passed away





 our trip to Europe!!! What a wonderful time!

I want to be the kind of mom and grandmom mine was.

Have a wonderful day y'all!
kb

1 comment:

  1. You are just that" a wonderful Mum" don"t doubt if for a minute
    i feel the same with my grandchildren ----don"t forget you have more time when your a grandmother and have loads of patients Take care Jeanette Australia)

    ReplyDelete