Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chicken Dumplins Casserole

Have you guys seen all the recipes floatin around facebook lately?
Me too.
So, I decided to try one of them.
This one looked pretty easy.
Chicken Dumplins Casserole
Here's how it goes.
First of all I changed a few things (as usual)
The recipe said that you can use a rotisserie chicken.  I used a whole chicken and boiled it so that I would have my own savory broth.
So, if you follow my recipe, it will be different from the FB one.
Either way, this is one delicious casserole!

Start by melting 1/2 stick of butter in the bottom of a casserole dish.
Then layer about 2 breasts of chicken shredded.
 Sprinkle on top of that 1/2 t. sage and black pepper
 mix together 2 cups of bisquick and 2 cups of milk

 pour on top of chicken

 now mix together one can cream of chicken soup
 and 2 cups chicken broth

 pour on top of the other layers.  DO NOT mix!

 pop it in the oven at 350 degrees.
Recipe says 30 - 40 min.  It took mine at least an hour!
Ingredients:
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick melted butter
2 cups bisquick
2 cups milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 t. dry sage
1 t. pepper
1/2 t. salt

Then follow my steps!
Enjoy!
kb

5 comments:

  1. Hi this looks wonderful----but being an Aussie, can you tell me what is bisquick love your blog Jeanette South Australia X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanette!! Thank you so much for commenting!!! I was in Australia last year and it is just soooo beautiful there!!! Send me your address at kbdr@aol.com and I'll send you a box of bisquick!!!
    xoxo
    kb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall what a lovely response ---l do look at your blog everyday and just love the paintings---and enjoy seeing your family and comments---very natural
    Thank you for your generosity but l could not except that but a big THANK YOU anyway----maybe you can describe what it is like and what you use it for beside the casserole---Thank you again
    where did you come to in Australia?----Im in ADELAIDE SOUTH AUSTRALIA-----A VERY gourmet area and wonderful wines . Im about to take off to London to see the chelsea flower garden show which l have been promising myself for the last couple of years----and then on to Europe the Bavarian countries Italy and staying in Positano for a month as my son will be joining me in Zurich. I was heading for New York with him BUT find a couple of months away from my grand children will be long enough. ---maybe next year as l have a niece leaving in New York
    Lovely chatting to you----keep well and look forward to your blogs Jeanette Green XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jeanette! I need your life!!!! My best friend and I took her son over there and did all the fun, touristy stuff. Sidney, climbed the Three Sisters, held koala bears and petting kangaroo, camped out in the Outback, snorkeled the Great Barrier, AND visited Lizard Island (OMG)(IWANTTOGOBACK). Then we skipped over to New Zealand for a couple of days. I just love your country!!!!
    Now, about bisquick.
    It's kind of a "cheating" way to make biscuit. Someone packaged a concoction of flour, yeast, salt, sugar, and Lord knows what else for shortcuts to pancakes, biscuit, and all kinds of other recipes. I would google it and see what you come up with over there. It may be packaged under a different name. I really don't mind sending you a box though!!!
    Thanks for reading!!!
    xoxox
    kb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendal so pleased you enjoyed your trip down under----yes your right---- and it sounds as though you were in Queensland---come on down again soon we are so lucky here in Aussie.Let me know if your down this way----would love to meet you
    Thank you for the offer of bisquick--- BUT did google it ( why did l not think of that) and found a recipe---Take care of your beautiful family Jeanette XXX--

    ReplyDelete