Monday, August 29, 2011

Easy Shrimp Dish

I love sauteed shrimp.  AND, I was in need of a few more calories after our trip to Italy.
I think I packed on a good 10 pounders.  I'm serious, it was getting ridiculous with the gelato folks.  Even I was getting embarrassed eating it because I had eaten so much.  Every time I saw a sign saying gelato I was darting for the shoppe.  I'm starting a work out program today so last night was like my last "real" supper. So, I made one of my favorite dishes, sauteed shrimp.  Here's how ya do it and it is sooooooo easy!
start with peeling some large shrimp.  I couldn't find any REALLY large shrimp so I jut had to make due with these.  These really weren't even worth de-veining.

Melt a stick of butter. 1/2 if you like less butter

Throw in some chopped green onions and saute for about a minute

Then dump in the shrimp

Saute those babies for about a minute or two

When they're nice and pink squeeze in two lemons

and about 1/2 a cup of white wine. Or more if you like.  You can also use sherry.  I really like the sherry better but couldn't find any.  Also, I thickened up the sauce with a wonderful item called "Wondra".
It should be in your cabinet,,,,it's a must.  It's kind of a light flour/cornstarch mixture that you can just throw in right on top and mix in to thicken up a sauce.  It doesn't lump up at all.

Pardon me for not following the food pryamid.  But "W" wanted some brown rice (boil in a bag) and baked sweet potatoes (straight from the bag)
It was a yummy EZ meal!!!
have a wonderful day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment