Saturday, July 14, 2012

Running.......

yup.  It's before 6 again and I'm up! Well, I actually got up at 5:30 but I DID go to sleep really early last night.  I got home and said to "W" (not to be condescending in any way towards those of you who have a real job, so please forgive me if I sound that way) but how in the Hell do you do it?
I'm just exhausted when I come home!  Oh, and I don't want to leave the most important job in the world out.  Raising 3 kids (very young ones) which my oldest is doing with her husband out of town a lot.  Whew.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  But then again, I did it to! (and worked)
Anyway, I got away from the subject, which was really not what I intended to write about today!  So, I got home after a pretty slow day at Scott's and was totally prepared to eat a weight watchers since I had totally blown my diet to smithereens (typo) (no really I just don't even know if that's a word), anyway blown my diet with the most fabulous greasy Greek food and the largest piece of Baklava they had yesterday for lunch.  "W" said "wanna go out to eat?"  And I said NO.  And then I felt bad, you know, since I had already blown my diet for the day, why stop there?  And I had already had a bath.  Well he was thinking Chick Filet.
Friday night are you serious?
So I threw on a top (over my pjs. and headed out with him)
Then I found out the real reason....
The Peach Milkshakes came out yesterday. um hum.
So, I decided to totally blow up the ole diet and even though I don't like fruit milkshakes um 1,300 calories (btw) I had a chocolate one, along with a spicy chicken sandwich and fries.
Dinner of Champions.
Okay,
what does this have to do with running?????
Back to the title.
Callen (my youngest of course) has challenged our whole family to run in a half marathon in New Orleans October 27.
1)  I hate to run
2) I'm terribly out of shape
3) did I mention that I hate to run?
We are all doing it though!!!
I am taking it VERY slow and building up my stamina and working with weights as well as playing some pretty hard tennis 2 days a week.
I have gotten down to 2 16.5 min. miles and today I plan to walk 3.  I may only make the 5 K but at least that's something.  This is really going to be a lot of fun and I need this SO bad!  I'm ready to get this fat but in shape.  And I really hate these little fat pockets that hang over a sleeveless top.  You know right above the armpits. Gross.  Does anyone besides me have those?  If so, would you please tell me how to get rid of them, cause I'm about to suck em out at the doctor's office.
Okay, that about does it for today!  Send me good vibes for a great day at Scott's.
And remember, I really don't care if they buy, I just want them to look over in my dark corner of the building and give some wonderful artists a once over!
have a great day y'all!
Scott Antiques
South Building L-10
in the back right hand corner
kb

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed...I could not begin to run a 5K, but running with family makes it so much more fun!! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete