Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Grandmother's Love

You know, I woke up this morning thinking about my grandmother.
Nanny left us about 12 years ago.
I don't know that I've ever been loved so unconditionally in my life.
That's not to say that I don't feel loved unconditionally by so many in my life right now,
there is just something about a grandmother's love.
After she died, I remember standing at my kitchen sink thinking about her.
I was having a particularly rough day.
I felt both of her hands on my shoulders.
I'm serious y'all, it was like nothing I've ever felt in my life.  The most comforting touch.
An angel's touch.

My sweet Ever's has strep.
Poor Jordan.  I so wish I was there to help her like my grandmother always was for me.
Jordan is not feeling all that swift herself.
It seems something is running rampant through her house, because I brought it back with me.
Still, being sick, I would help with the kids.
Just like Nanny did.

Sunday "W" and I were leaving to go back to Atlanta.
We said our goodbyes.
After we did, Lil B silently went over in the corner.
I said "what's wrong Bennett?"
 He wouldn't let me look at him.
He had tears running down his sweet little face.
When J got him up from his nap, the first thing out of his mouth was "where's Gigi and Bean?"
J said "they went back to Atlanta"
He said "they're mean"
OH, the pains of being a grandmother in another city.
 my sweet lil B
 Mother's love
 Poor C wasn't feeling well herself this weekend so we had a "Bad hair day" contest!
and finally.....poor baby!

I miss them already!
Have a great day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment