Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"My Pathetic Attempt at Valentine Cookies"

A RE-POST!!!  OH NO!
Oh yes.  These were SO good last year I had to re-post for all to try.
Seriously folks, this is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever used.
SO, here we go!!!
But first....since this is a re-post, the format is different causing my 5:00 a.m. brain to act weird and not be able to figure out how to re format.  Oh well, hope you can read and understand this!

My pathetic attempt at Valentine cookies


I'm not a baker. Actually far from it. I always envied my mom for the
 beautiful Christmas cookies she would make (and decorate) at Christmas 
time.
 Every time I tried however, they were just pathetic looking. I could bake them, 
but the decorating part....oh my, just ain't my
 thang
This year though I was bound and determined I was going to make some 
Valentine cookies, you know 
like the ones that are delivered on a stick that are so darn yummy that you 
eat the WHOLE thing.
 and I mean the entire arrangement. Well, this was my pathetic attempt at
 making a "Cookie Company"
 cookie on a stick. This recipe was easier than easy....decorating? not so easy. 
Here is my
 attempt.

add sugar, eggs, and butter together and blend until smooth


slowly add flower and mix on "stir" setting


use only the best vanilla. This is my favorite, I even give it at Christmas!!!


Dig it all outta the bowl and plop the dough on some saran wrap. 
Be sure to eat half of the raw dough like I did for a possible case of 
salmonella.
 It's really some of the best dough I've ever had. Sort of a salty sweet taste. 
oh yummerlicious.


doesn't this look a little like a slab of meat???? ewe. The recipe calls for
 this tobe refridgerated for 1 hour to overnight. That was weird, I mean
 that's a 
pretty large span of time. It needs about 3 hours in my humble opinion.





flour your surface, and your rolling pin


roll the dough out to 1/4 to 1/2 thickness and cut out those cute little {or big}
 hearts!


I inserted the sticks on top and then used the little ones to sort of cover up 
the stick.
 Or you can smooth the dough over the stick. It worked well...and then
 bake for 6 - 8 minutes!


the yummy outcome.


Here we go chickies.....
I told you!!! how pathetic is this???? I mean seriously. I think I can paint 
pretty decent, why can't I paint a simple little cookie???? just plain pathetic.


So , I refused to give up!!!!! I tried again and these weren't too bad!
(and they were fun! and yummy)




Let me tell ya ...these really, really do taste like the Cookie Company cookies. 
They are oooooooooh SO good!

Recipe:

Ingredients;
1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
 Beat in eggs and vanilla. 
Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover and chill dough
 for at least one (not) hour (or overnight).

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface 
1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Place cookies 
1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely
Now chickies, do a better job decorating than I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment