Monday, February 21, 2011

"W"s Fantabulous Chili!"

WAIT! Is "fantabulous" a word? I don't think it is.  What the heck, I'm always making up words.
Do you do that? Must be an ADD trait.
Okay, last night "W" said "ya want some chili for dinner"? Of course I did...., I had to ruin my diet for the last time this weekend.  I SO did terrible all weekend long.  I'm so sorry my warriors out there that are trying to stick with me on this.
Back to the Chili.  
He's been experimenting for a while for the "perfect" chili recipe.
I think he found it.  Yep, I'm sure of it in my book.  And it's pretty darn easy.
You start with this:
Cooper watching and salivating (idn't he cute?????

now, take about a lb of sirloin steak and cut it up into cubes 
 these are the other ingredients
um....."W" didn't realize we have an electric can opener.  Did I tell him?????? nope
Doesn't he look great by the way? 40 lbs down!
you dump all of those ingredients in a big pot.....but before you do that
 you need to saute that sirloin with a little water and the about 1/2 of the tex mex seasoning mix
 brown a lb of ground sirloin
 and add the rest of the tex mex seasoning
 now you can dump all that meat in the pot with the other mixes.  Let it cook for about an hour
 First.  These are what I like in my chili.
Second...this is my new Auto Focus 50 mm lens that I LOVE!!!! (can you see the blurred background?)
SO excited!!!
 there ya have it folks.
this really is a must try when you're cravin chili!
"W" did a spectabulous job.....i know, i know (made that one up too!)
Have a wondermus day today y'all!
kb
WAIT!!! before I leave....I have added a few more crosses to "The Cross Collection"

"Old Rugged Cross II"
12 x 24 Mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas
225.00

"Old White Cross"
16 x 20 mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas
325.00

Please visit my website for info on the cross paintings
www.kendallboggs.com

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your paintings and your spirit. First of all I've got to tell you what I did. It was right after your mother had passed and on your blog you wanted your friends to comment and tell the story about their mom. You were painting that morning and blogging and the tears were flowing. Anyway, I love to read your blog (it's very inspiring to me) but rarely do I ever comment. Well on this day, after seeing what you had been through for weeks, I decided I was gonna comment. It was simply amazing because you were right, the tears were flowing with my story. Which is really a good thing because I realized I was finally talking about things that I had been holding in for sometime. Whew, I said all that to say thank you, you encouraged your friends to tell their story to you and it was as if that's exactly what I needed to do, but I didn't realize until I started typing and the tears started flowing. Needless to say I couldn't get my comment (story/book, lol)to post, my internet went down. I lost my dad in Jan 2009 and my older sister, Sondra, in Aug 2009. Sondra had ALS/Lou Gehrigs Dz, she was 50 and that dz is horrible. Anyway, that was my story that day, basically how mom had lost her husband of 53 years and her first born child within 7 mths of each other. I know now that God truly does give you the stength and courage to do things you never realized you were capable of doing. I learned this from taking care of my sister. We really are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I just wanted to let you know by you encourging your friends to tell you their story, how much it really helped me that day. Once again, thank you very much. Sincerely Belinda Quebedeaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Belinda, thank you so much for telling me your story. What an inspiration YOU are for me! You are obviously an amazing daughter and sister. I'm so sorry for both of your losses. I know ALS is just the worst disease ever so I especially understand that. I paint to a musician that I would encourage you to download her music. Eva Cassidy's Songbird. It is such inspirational, healing music. I think you will find comfort listening to her. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for telling me your story!

    ReplyDelete