Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lizard Island

I honestly don't think I have ever been to a more beautiful place!
This is our last day here and then back to Cairns and on to the Outback.
I e-mailed "W" and told him he's not going to know what to do with me when I get home!
I've been spoiled rottten!
anyway,
We will be sleeping in sleeping bags under the stars which will be both scary (have you heard about the dingo story????) and such an exciting adventure.
Yesterday we went snorkeling at THE most beautiful reef I've ever seen.  The sky was a glorious blue and the sun was out which made the fish and the reefs burst with color.  I think we saw every species of fish in the South Pacific.
I will show pics of that tomorrow when I have better internet service. We took tons of underwater pics.
After the Outback, I think E has another little adventure up her sleeve!
Stay tuned!!!
my blog is actually a day off due to not the greatest internet service in the world!
but hey, I think I can deal with it right!!!
 flying to Lizard Island

 bye bye land, on to pics from the plane of the Great Barrier Reef




 flying into Lizard Island
 upon arrival!
 the restaurant where the most fabulous food is served


 the hammock outside our villa (where I took a 2 hour nap yesterday)


 cheers!
last night we dined with this lovely couple from Northern Australia.  They were delightful!
Today?
More snorkeling and then on to Cairns
then?
The Outback
Have a great day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment