Monday, June 11, 2012

The Rain Forest and Lizard Island

We had to get in one more excursion before we left Cairns yesterday for Lizard Island.
We went to the Rain Forest and it was spectacular.
It is the oldest rain forest in the world!!! Can you believe that?
After that we hoped on a small plane and it took us to the most magical place I've ever been.
Lizard Island.
Lizard Island is located about 1 hour (flight time) from Cairns and is surrounded by reefs everywhere.
So, aside from diving and swimming there's not much to do but totally relax.....and we are.  The rooms are so very beautiful.  Very Zen with soft spa like music playing. No TV or phone service and only the business center has internet.  As a matter of fact, I've been sitting her since 4:30 trying to download pics and it has taken 2 hours. So all of my pics haven't made it on to this blog.  With that being said, I wish I could describe just how beautiful this place is!  
That will have to wait, however until tomorrow! Battery is almost dead.
Cheers all!






 I finally wore the correct shoes!!!












Tomorrow?  I will have my computer fully charged and download pics from Lizard Island.
Heavenly!
Have a great day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment