Thursday, December 22, 2011

Project Mode.....

I'm in total "project mode".  I think I'M the one nesting not my pregnant daughter.
Oh, and by the way, has anyone had the stomach bug?  We kept Evey Saturday and yep it came around, then Eric got it, and now Bennett.  It is rampant in Birmingham evidently.
I'm keeping everything on my body crossed in hopes that I don't get it.
YUCK.
Back to project mode.
We are almost finished with Baby Cate's nursery.
Here it is so far.
We are having a light ivory linen drapery made for the window.
And since this room will double as a guest bedroom, this is what we did for the guest bed

I know it's a big nono to put a bed in front of a window, but we really had no other choice.  We are looking for sconces to hang on the wall and the light ivory drapery will hang in back of the grey covered headboard.
So......
if that wasn't enough, sister and I went out to Old Time Pottery today to get soup bowls for our huge family pajama party that we are having Christmas Eve. 27 will be there and we are playing "Dirty Santa". (I got something I want so I'm hoping to steal my own gift!) haha! Anyway, on the way home sister asked if there is anything left to do in Jordan's house.  I said "yeah, there is this hideous bathroom with this gosh awful wallpaper.
In typical Callaway (our maiden name) fashion, we looked at each other and said "let's go strip it and paint it".  And that my friends is what we are doing! We walked into J and E's house and announced that we were doing this and they were like "no you're not!!!" and we said "yes we are" thank you very much!  So, the stripping is done and now we have to putty a bunch of holes, sand it and paint.  I think I'll do that tomorrow.  
This is what I'm working with!
yikes (but fun!)
I can't begin to tell you what a mess we made.  But, I simply cannot wait to finish!!!  I even have fabric picked out for the window!
Oh, and I almost forgot!  I finished Bennett's cornice so that will be hung tomorrow.  Busy day!!!
have a wonderful night y'all!
kb

6 comments:

  1. Taylor Brannon GambleDecember 22, 2011 at 8:45 PM

    That's hilarious and awesome! Come do my house next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!! God has been so good to me, but one of the things that stresses me to the max is INTERIOR DESIGN!! Can't even move a lamp to the other side of a table!! He didn't bestow the gift of design on me.......Does your crew travel? :))))))). JK:). The nursery is so beautiful!:) can't believe Jordan is already having her THIRD! Ken and I are still reminiscing Evey's birth!!!!!:))):))) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I'm making a reservation for after the first of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful room!!
    I've always put beds in front of windows- my grandmother who was a design goddess gave me permission:)
    Tearing out the wallpaper is so something I'd do!

    Yes, we've had the bug- both me and sweet Hudson who got sick during his Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete