Monday, December 26, 2011

What Do YOU do Christmas Day?

First, Merry, merry Christmas!
Ours was full of love and excitement!  Especially having a 3 yr. old who "gets it" with the 
Santa thing.  She absolutely had a blast and we loved every minute of it.
Now, we are such a traditional family, here's how our Christmas always goes....
I wake up "as usual" at 5 and stock Lynn's stocking.
Then, everyone else wakes us at around 6.  It was SO much fun watching my little Evers wake up and see Santa this year.  She was overwhelmed at the goodies like I'm sure all of yours were.
We are all so blessed.
Back to traditions.....So, then I make Ebleskivers.  I've posted the recipe before but may need to do a repost.  I've been making these since I was about 9.  WAAAAAAy before Williams Sonoma made them so popular.  Then we all dig into our stockings.  After that we start opening gifts.  I am embarrassed to tell you it took over 2 hours for all of us to open gifts.  Well, we did do it one by one.  Everyone received exciting gifts and some get to take back exciting gifts (which is always fun)  I keep ALL receipts. 
Then after gift giving, we usually watch a little football, I obsessively try to clean up.  (Wrapping paper really stresses me out) and then about 4 I start cooking for dinner.  I'm so mad that I didn't take pics of this wonderful recipe.  Mini Beef Wellingtons.  Lynn's parents joined us for the feast and if I must say myself, it turned out wonderful.
I topped 1 1/2" filets with sauteed mushrooms, shallots, and gorgonzola cheese, then wrapped them in puff pastry, coated them with egg and sent them into the oven to cook.  I also sprinkled asparagus with olive oil, sea salt and garlic and popped them in the oven too. Oh how yummerlicious were they!  Then I did a mixture of mixed vintage potatoes. Well, they weren't THAT old,  you know the little baby ones in purple, red and white?  Mixed a little garlic and butter with those.  To top it off, we had a yummy "junk yard salad" with fried goat cheese on top.  J made a yummy apple dumpling recipe (that I may have for breakfast this morning) it was all SO good.
So, I didn't take many pics yesterday, I'm sad to say, but I will leave you with what I did take.  We had a wonderful day.  Hope yours was just as beautiful!
Have a great Monday y'all!
kb











Isn't her new outfit adorable?  Wish I could have gotten a pose!
Again, have a great Monday y'all.  Sadly, I'm headed home.
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment