The other day I asked Evey if she remembered Gammy (my mom).
why should she?
Evey was 2 when Gammy died.
Evey didn't remember her.
I got out my computer and showed her all kinds of pictures of my mom holding her.
I told her all about my mom and what a wonderful person she was.
I said "Evey this was my mommy"
and she said:
"I bet you really miss her"
It made me wonder if something happened to me right now if my grandchildren would remember me.
I don't know why that keeps popping in my head and I know I shouldn't say that.
I do know this.
Pictures are important.
Last night Bean had to come back to Birmingham, so Boo, Houston, Cate and I met him at PF Changs for dinner.
As we were walking out, Catie bug stopped and talked with an old lady celebrating her birthday with her daughters.
A one year old can make someone's day....
they gave her a balloon and took lots of pictures.
the best vacation I ever had was when my mom took all three kids home with her for a week and I cleaned and organized my house.
I really think grandparents should do this for their kids once a year.
and those of you out there with kids should let them.
things that I know about a 15 month old little girl.....
1) they will depleat your bank account.
2) they make a HUGE mess at dinner (especially restaurants)
3) this particular one loves to sleep...
4) a one year old who loves to sleep is a good thing....a really, really good thing
5) they capture anyone and everyones heart
6) little girls should always were clothes with cute backs on them.
7) they should also wear pigtails. always.
8) they love to climb.
9) on everything
10) when they learn to walk, they grow up really fast.
I have to say, I am just so proud of how Jordan and Eric have raised their kids.
I guess that is one of the best compliments a grandparent can receive is watching your kids do a great job as a parent.
Have a great day y'all!