Saturday, July 3, 2010

Easy, breezy 4th of July staples

We have a few recipes that are a MUST for the 4th.  We're all about food here at the Boggs' fam, and these few recipes are not the exception to the rule.  Good thing they're easy! I don't really know where they came from (I actually think I made them up) but nonetheless, my kids crave them and I get into really big trouble if I don't make them.  So, here we go.......
First, 
Black Bean and Corn dip
Ingredients:
4 cans of black beans - drained
4 cans of white kernel corn - drained
1 chopped red onion
2 cans of Rotel - not drained
6 squeezed limes
chopped cilantro to taste
lots of fresh chopped garlic to taste
pepper
sea salt
OH, I usually chop up a couple of avocados in this but ONCE again, they were not ripe enough at the market.....errrrg.
Mix it all up and let it marinade for about 6 hours
Serve it up with Scoop Fritos or Tostitos
Next:
and I've got a bit of a better tutorial here:
Marinated green beans.  oh yummerlicious.  I absolutely LOVE these things.  And they're good for ya!
buy these....
and blanch them.  Really only about 10 minutes of boiling (if that) just don't let em get too soft
then drain them
Don't they look beautiful????? oh, how I love green beans!
Then add chopped garlic, sea salt and pepper to taste.  I like lot's of garlic
and add about 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 cup balsalmic vinegar 
The finished product.....Sorry the presentation wasn't better, they're getting ready for the mouths of the masses!
Hope you'll try these two recipes.....promise you can't go wrong!
Happy Fourth ya'll!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment