Friday, September 9, 2011

Easy Breezy Cheezy Corn Grits!

Do you shop at Publix?  Well I do, mainly because that's the only grocery store in my town.
But....I would probably shop there even if there was another one.
I'm a sucker for the lady that cooks these little meals for you to try.  You know it's usually a sweet old lady that just loves for you to try her cookin.   The ingredients are right around the corner from her all put together with what you need to make what she's making.
and.....I have to taste the food she's cookin of course.
So, the other day she cooked this fabulous corn grits recipe.
Funny thing is?  There are no grits in this recipe!
So here is what cha do.  Now, first of all, I changed it a bit and after making it, I would change it even more.  Even like this it was OHSOGOOD!
here we go.  This is what cha need:

combine the water, corn, butter, crazy mixed up salt and pepper in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil on high


add the cornmeal


Whisk constantly until blended.  Reduce heat to low and cook 8 - 10 minutes whisking often or until thickened


then add the cheese


yummers, "W" is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this.


This is what I would do different.  I would add an extra can of corn kernels (drained) (because we love corn in our family)
Recipe:
1 can of cream-style corn
2 1/2 cups water
2 T. unsalted butter
1/2 t. crazy mixed up salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 Cup plain yellow corn meal
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used mexican cheese)

and now, my latest painting.

"Trees of Fall"
A Triptych
36 x 48 (total size) mixed media
price upon request
kbdr@aol.com
Have a fabulous day y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment