Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm a Thief!

I'm stealing this from my friends over at My www.mydesignchic.com Design Chic
and....
I'm going out and buying this for all 3 of my kids.

See, I was a "PAID" designer for 15 years. OMG has it been that long???
I quit designing because I basically got very, very burned out.
1) I didn't feel like my clients realized how much time went into a project
2) I would get awakened at 5:30 a.m. with questions like "are toilet seat covers still in" (I'm not makin this up y'all)
3) I turned into a therapist between husband and wife.
4) I got sick and tired of husbands just "assuming" because you're a woman you know how to decorate.
Seriously.  It's not for everybody, that's why they have people that do it for a living.
Maybe I needed to be more discriminating about the clients I took on!!!!

Now, let me digress.  I took a job down in Watercolor about 2 years ago as a favor for my friend "E".  It was the most wonderful job I had ever had.  She totally respected every bit of my advice and we had the most wonderful working relationship you could ever imagine.  AND the best part?  We're still the best of friends!  She understood the time, and effort that goes into designing a home.
I almost started my business back up.
But then I remembered, I'm a painter now......
Okay, back to the beginning.
I quit designing and started painting.
But, I still take on a few random jobs every now and then to keep me "fresh" and with the times.
Like my kids.  They rely (to my delight) on me to help them with their homes.  They are all creative in their own way and I love that they just sometimes need a little help pulling it all together.
Enter.......The Meghan Method.
I'm buying this for all of my kids.
Have I seen it yet?  Nope.  I'm just relying on my friends over at Design Chic to guide me.
Since they have the most wonderful taste EVER.
A great blog...and Beth, happy birthday to you!!!
The book seems to be a step by step guide to "do it yourself" decorating.
Still, don't be afraid to shell out some money if you need a little help with the tweaking.
And tell your husband to decorate it himself if he has a problem with it.
TEEHEE
Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
kb


No comments:

Post a Comment